Friday, September 5, 2008

AU 2008 is coming!!!

I'm looking forward to this year's Autodesk University - the last year of a 3-year stint at the Venetian. I wanted to let everyone know how impressed I've been with the crowds and the facility. It's definitely a beautiful place to be, but with the crowds getting so much bigger, it's becoming a capacity issue. The guys that run AU - Joseph, June, etc. do a fantastic job of organizing this event and pulling it off every, year, so when you see them, say thanks.

And as far as the instructors, this is a great opportunity to learn from the best in the business. Every year I pick up something new from these folks, as they all bring unique perspectives and useful information that makes my life much easier.

As far as classes, I've got 4 that I'm happy to be teaching this year:

Revit MEP 2009 - Maximize your Building Performance Analysis - a 1.5 hour lab, where we look at how spaces and zones work, as well as integration with outside applications such as Trace, IES VE, Green Building Studio and more. This year - no flashlights, or Funkadelic - but it will have something....there are two sessions on this lab for this year, on Wednesday at 1:00pm and 5:00pm - as of today, there's still a little space in the 5:00 lab - don't worry, we'll be rocking and rolling, so don't show up tired!

If you're interested in being a lab assistant for this class, send me an email to dbutts@advsolinc.com - I'll need one more for each session, and it pays, too.

On Thursday this year:

Revit MEP 2009 - Tips and Tricks - a new 1.5 hour lecture on some of the best practices we've been developing over the past few years. I always wanted to do a class like this, and did a similar class on templates last year, but this goes far more in depth that we did in those classes. Best of all, you get a copy of my template - of which you can butcher up and edit to your little heart's content...and may be a few other surprises....


AutoCAD Architecture - Maximizing Your Wall Styles for Elevation Views - back for 2008! MY baby - my first love - well, everybody has one of those. Even though I'm a gung ho Revit MEP and AutoCAD MEP user, you always have a special place in your heart for the first. The product has definitely matured, and there's all kinds of things you can do to a wall in AutoCAD Architecture. So Santa's back with a brand new bag...and new props...so if you're using AutoCAD Architecture and want to get more out of it, this is a fun class to come to.

Sign up early and vote often - and I'll see you in Vegas!!!!

http:\\au.autodesk.com\
December 2-5, 2008

thanks - David B.

No comments: